AIM
pkl33t

Shower Song Shower Song

Totally dig it! Reminds me of the good ol' days. I understand that recording is costly, so I can't criticize too heavily, but it the drums and guitar sound a bit stuffy. Vocals and bass came through very well. Keep this up and I may start burning CD's ;-)

growaliens responds:

Yeah, we learned an important lesson not to change head types before hitting the studio... All the toms got "onyx" heads and they made them sound dead dead dead. :( And instead of DI ing the guitar we mic'd it, another forhead slap... :P Live and learn!

Walking in Circles [WIP] Walking in Circles [WIP]

Fantastical!

I hate being one of those guys to just say "great track!" and not have any solid points to make, but I'm not in the best state for 'thinking'. Given that, this track is absolutely MAKING my experience right now. Keep doin' what you're doin' and I'll keep on doin' what I'm doin' right now!

Pokemon G/S Lance Battle Final Pokemon G/S Lance Battle Final

Orly?

I have to ask, what type of guitar/pickups/effects are you using? The sound for both the rhythm and lead are the sounds I'm searching for, but I can't seem to get them out of my schecter... In other news, great piece, I really enjoyed it.

Burn7 responds:

I am using a B.C. Rich Warbeast with 2 B.C. Rich humbucking pickups. I'm only using a small reverb on my lead and no effects other than the distortion from my amp.

Win the Race, Go to Space | K Win the Race, Go to Space | K

Soundtrack of my life...

Flipping amazing, easy enough to chill on, but still enough that you have to open your ears and listen to hear it all. Honestly, I feel this is like the soundtrack my life needs, a nice easy flow through life with a few changes here and there. Not sure if this excites me or depresses me :-)

]|[ Pearl Seaquence ]|[ Pearl Seaquence

I'm clearly missing something

What is this? Wholetone? Strange use of modes? Can I please get some sort of description of the goal here? I'm not writing this to be critical, just concerned that I may be overlooking the artistic value, musician to musician. (It made me rate, so I shot right down the middle, I'll retract that with an explanation)

.:TD - Trance Dream. .:TD - Trance Dream.

Orly>?

I really like it, but that may be biased as I'm a big fan of the genre. My only concern is towards your statement of this only taking 10 hours to create... Was that just actually building it inside of the FL Studio, or was the full time of conception to completion? As someone who has been playing music for 15+ years and has studied on a college level, I can't find myself satisfied with a composition that quickly. Sometimes I find myself working on them for months until I'm satisfied that it is done just right.

- A C.dawg Sonata- - A C.dawg Sonata-

Orly>?

Are ignorant comments intolerable as well, or just ignorent? I feel like a lot of the melodic choices in this are a bit... common. This could be a good thing if you were aiming for that, or a bad thing if it's just happening naturally. I really like the modulation you use, and some of the builds worked quite well. Keep up the good work, but don't forget to stay humble.

cjhgb4 responds:

HAHAHA REAL FUNNY

Breeze in the Night Breeze in the Night

...

I would give a review here, but jeez, I'm speechless. Reminds me of my days of the music program at UCF :-)

ScarsRemain responds:

Thanks, I appreciate it

DV= The Pacemaker DV= The Pacemaker

It doesn't stop!

Just reviewed "Yeti is a Pothead" thinking maybe you were a one-hit wonder, but dangit, you just crank them out... once again, simply amazing. Maybe in the middle, during the accelerated period where it sounds like the melody is held with a sawtooth lead, perhaps you could have used a square lead for a less abrasive sound... just a thought :-) other than that, another good solid 5 from me.

Deathkavaderva responds:

Thanks a lot for your encouragement. I only started submitting stuff a few days ago and you are my first reviewer. Deathkavaderva -loves- you

DV= Yeti is a Pothead DV= Yeti is a Pothead

Wow,,,

I was skeptical at first, and really only gave the piece a listen because of the silly title, but WOW! Everything here flows perfectly, and the use of distinguishable chord progressions is great. I love that the melody falls on the bass clef for a period, the use of modern sounds coupled with what sounds like a full orchestra (am i right?) is magnificent. All in all, simply amazing. Not sure why people are rating this piece low, but you're getting a solid 5 from me. Keep it up, I want to hear more!

Deathkavaderva responds:

Thanks for the review! I like that it has something to do with the piece and isnt just a lot of idiotic praise like some ive seen around here. The strings you heard weren't actually an orchestra. I just got a string instrument and upped the amount of voices to make it sound fuller. I'll do my best to keep it up (actually as im writing i just opened my program and started a new one).
Thanks!